Hey Stormers — We’ve been on the grind (even before the Corona lockdown) to constantly improve the StormX product and to keep adding as many stores as possible so our users have even more shops to buy stuff online.
In case you missed it, online sales are exploding, up 76% year over year and we’re doing our best to keep up with the trend.
Since our mobile launch of “Shop” on the StormX app we’re now at over 257,000 unique users in five months.
As we head into the 2nd half of 2020, we wanted to quickly reflect on everything we’ve built over the past year and let you know what we have in the pipeline for the rest of 2020.
First, let’s talk about the past few years and what we’ve managed to accomplish in the past year:
- Launched our Chrome web extension allowing users to shop directly from their computer
- Added DAI & LTC as additional crypto back options
- Full 2019 recap
- Launched the ability for users to shop with hundreds of stores available around the world
- Launched shopping in South Korea (now our 2nd biggest market)
- Launched shopping for both Android and iOS (we have over 70,000 active users each month)
- Added dedicated language support for Korean since this is one of our fastest-growing regions
- Released StormX Rewards Program so you can earn up to 3.5x crypto cash back at every store
- In-app leaderboard so you can check how your all-time earnings stack up against other users
- Added tons of new stores, with over 700 in total now
- Token Swap from STORM to STMX. This removed “god mode” improving security and added the ability to utilize staking in the future.
- US customers can now buy STMX via Voyager
- Non-US users can buy STMX via MoonPay inside the StormX app
- Listed on Uniswap and KyberSwap as our first step into DeFi
- Bill Shihara, CEO of Bittrex, invests and joins as Board of Directors.
- Expanded our presence into SE Asia with hundreds of stores like Shopee, Sephora, and others.
- Added top stores like eBay, Nike, and many more.
Now, here’s what the next year or so looks like:
Upcoming in 2020
- Improving the shopping experience so you can find the best deals faster
- De-cluttering the Rewards Program UI so its easier to understand
- We’re releasing our biggest brand yet. Can you guess who?
- Adding more big-name stores both in the US and around the world
- Revamping the referral system so you can get massive rewards for inviting your friends
- Staking!! We all want this and are excited for everyone to earn more by utilizing the STMX token
- Joining in on Yield Farming 👨🌾
- DeFi is a fantastic space to help us triple stack your rewards
- Adding top 20 brands from around the world. We’re focused on quality, not just quantity.
- Building a fully featured web app for shopping that will allow for additional features, a richer user experience, and lets users who don’t use Chrome to earn as well.
- Adding more rewards wallets for you to connect with including Argent.xyz, using the awesome Wallet Connect technology.
We’re very fortunate to be in a position right now where e-commerce activity has skyrocketed this year and cashback services are more important now than ever.
The Honey acquisition by PayPal for $4 Billion late last year has legitimized what we’re building in the tech industry.
Through utilizing blockchain and cryptocurrency we have two major advantages over Honey and other cashback services. By utilizing our token model we’re able to offer users up to 3.5x higher rewards on the same stores but with the lower transaction fees, we’re also able to scale globally.
Now with the upcoming staking and DeFi integrations we can increase the earning opportunity to users even further giving StormX the competitive edge over any service out there even in the fiat space.
We’ve had an amazing journey with the StormX team over the last 6 years and we’re looking forward to the next 6 years and beyond as we’re just getting started.
Thank you as always,